Flexible Full Time or Part Time Position
Cook Rector Pearce is a growing business transaction and estate planning law firm seeking a talented M&A Associate Attorney to join our team. This position offers the flexibility to work full time or part time hours as agreed upon, and the option to work from home most days, with a preference of at least one day per week at our office located in North Colorado Springs.
In this newly created position, you will provide support to the partners and their clients by drafting contracts for a wide variety of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, business formation documents, and real estate contracts. In addition, you will have the opportunity to assist with estate planning, asset protection, and tax planning for our clients. Successful candidates will have:
Our firm offers flexible hours allowing you to work part time or full time as agreed upon. The salary range for a full time position is expected to be $80,000-$110,000 per year based on experience. Bonuses are potentially available based on production. Benefits include 401k.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sparks Willson, P.C. is seeking an estate planning associate with 2-4 years of experience for our established law firm in Colorado Springs. This position will focus on estate planning and administration, with an emphasis on taxable estates. Tax LL.M. or experience in tax planning or mergers and acquisitions work a plus, but not required. The firm offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a collegial working environment. Admission to Colorado bar (or eligibility for admission on waiver) is required. Annual salary including bonus range is $140,000 - $190,000, depending on experience. Generous benefits include fully paid medical, dental, and vision, as well as retirement matching. Please send a cover letter, resume, list of references, and writing sample to Allison Zelaya, Office Administrator, at email@example.com.
Job Title: Housing Attorney
Location: Colorado Springs
Reports To: Managing Attorney of Colorado Springs Office
Salary Range: $66,108 – $108,011 plus $4,200 yearly stipend. Salary commensurate with experience.
Colorado Legal Services (CLS) is Colorado’s statewide nonprofit legal aid program, with thirteen offices providing civil legal assistance to low-income Coloradans throughout the state. CLS provides free legal assistance in a broad variety of legal areas, including family law, public benefits, eviction defense, consumer protection, services to survivors of serious crime and human trafficking, and many others.
CLS has strengthened lives, assisted families, and supported communities–one person at a time for over 90. years. We are committed to providing high-quality, free legal advice and representation to eligible individuals throughout Colorado. We have a long history of successful impact and advocacy. CLS strives to bring about substantive, transformational change in the lives of those we serve.
Under the supervision of the Managing Attorney of the Colorado Springs Office, the housing attorney advises and represents clients at risk of eviction, including in mediation and litigation. This position requires demonstrated high quality legal skills with an assertive, imaginative, and energetic approach to meeting the legal needs of the poor. Work will be regularly reviewed to verify general performance and compliance with all regulations and/or guidelines and to stimulate professional growth and development.
· Assume an active caseload, conduct client interviews, investigate and prepare legal documents and papers as well as engage in negotiations, trial and appellate work in state and federal courts;
· Provide advice to and representation of clients in accordance with program priorities;
· Develop relationships with the communities we serve and the leaders of those communities;
· Stay current on general and specialized poverty law developments;
· Achieve and maintain knowledge of general areas of poverty law and competence in the particular areas housing law;
· Participate in complex and major litigation and other special projects within the local office or program wide, such as litigation involving legal issues affecting larger numbers of low-income clients;
· Participate in office or program wide projects to provide training and/or community education to agencies, advocates, clients, or community groups about legal services, issues, and rights of interest to low-income persons; and
· Consult and co-counsel with other attorneys, where appropriate.
· Deliver sound legal counsel and exceptional advocacy that align with program objectives and meet the standards set forth by CLS Casehandler Standards.
· Display patience, empathy, and sound judgment while providing clear and transparent communication to clients, managing their expectations effectively.
· Perform client and witness interviews, carry out thorough case investigations, and draft necessary legal documents and pleadings.
· Ensure comprehensive and current documentation of client case notes in case management system.
· Represent clients in court and before administrative agencies and collaborate with other CLS attorneys and paralegals, as needed.
• Valid license to practice law in the state of Colorado or ability to obtain a Colorado license as soon as practicable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented with strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
• This position requires primarily in-person work in the Colorado Springs office, with some remote work after the initial training period.
· Some experience in legal practice, particularly in poverty or housing law, or related work.
· Sensitivity to the legal needs of poor and/or marginalized people.
· Bilingual and Microsoft Office proficiency.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a generous plan that includes 100% employer paid premiums for employee health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance as well as partial employer paid premiums for spouses/dependents, based on a sliding scale. We also offer Dependent Care and Medical Flexible spending accounts, a 403(b) retirement account, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Additionally, CLS offers a $350.00 monthly stipend (to be used as you choose), generous paid time-off and 12.5 paid holidays per year. CLS values its employees’ commitment to working hard for the population it serves and recognizes the importance of work/life balance; therefore, we offer flexible work schedules and hybrid work arrangements as appropriate.
We promote and foster a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and psychologically safe work environment, striving to be a “Best Place to Work” in Colorado. Law school graduates are paid $65,108 until they pass the Colorado bar.
How to Apply:
Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Housing Attorney – Colorado Springs” in the subject line.